Today was the trip to the oncologist to see if Dad's remained cancer-free.
No such luck.
So we have another 6 months of chemotherapy to look forward to.
So it looks like I will be heading to Buffalo this year after all (Oct 22 - 26). I have been ecstatic since I started arranging it.
Deity have I needed to get away.
Sorry that I haven't updated this. Just haven't been in the mood, and people know how moody I can be.
So, my Dad had his surgery a while back and his recovery's been... slow. He can barely eat, so he has to graze all day to get his strength up. But overall, he's been doing ok.
Today he starts chemotherapy again. I got him settled into Hope Lodge NYC (American Cancer Society's free lodging for cancer patients getting treatment in NYC) last night. It seems like a nice place and I hope he and my Mom take advantage of the things they have there when Dad's not at the doctor's office.
*crossing his fingers*
...off we go to the hospital.
My Dad's been doing great since he recovered from everything. And Monday he returns to the hospital to have surgery to remove the tumor.
And to go in a radically different direction now, I saw the new Star Trek today. I can see why some fans don't like it, but I did. I'll have to check on some inconsistencies and see if the Enterprise show established them.
My dad's in ICU. The chemo and radiation therapies were too aggressive for his body to handle and his kidneys are shutting down. Hopefully they can reverse the damage and figure out a method of treatment he can handle.
They say that no news is good news. Whoever "They" are, I'm gonna smack 'em upside the head. Good news is good news, even if it's only relative to what the bad news could be.
Three tests down. My father's cancer is small enough, just on the surface, and anything they might not have seen will be dealt with with the treatment. So now it's setting up for radiation and chemotherapy.
Nervous breakdown on hold. News at five minutes after pi.
...of a journey I do not wish to be on, whose end I cannot see, but I pray will end as well as it can.
My father's tumor is malignant. He will need testing, then radiation and chemotherapy, then surgery, then more chemotherapy.
But the two doctors we saw today I have confidence in. They spelled out what will happen. They did not sugar coat anything, yet they did not tell us what might or might not be. Just where we are and where we'll be going in the near future.
Now I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. News at 11.